Golf Course Reopening Policy
Important guidelines for our reopening to allow for social distancing.
To Commence Monday 8th June
The following document is designed to once again, lay out all of the necessary restrictions that will remain at the golf club to ensure social distancing is achieved at all times. We all have a responsibility, so please do what you can to avoid giving this dangerous virus opportunity to breed and spread.
Our intention here is to allow golfers to enjoy our fantastic facility whilst maintaining their, and our, own staff safety. When you are at the golf facility, you must socially distance at all times. This means no closer than 1 metre from another person. The golf corridor will be used to gain access to the courses. Locker rooms will remain open for toilet facilities only. The 1 way system to and from the courses will remain.
Self-policing will again be invaluable. The golf club will operate with a small number of staff and therefore we are reliant on golfers to ensure they follow the protocols in this document. The starter will continue to manage the flow of golfers through to the golf area in busy times only.
Sports bar and outdoor terraces will be open for both food and drink. Please use the facilities but continue to follow the guidelines in place at each outlet.
The staggered opening of golf courses will remain but have now been altered to allow us to service more golf. Pro shop opening hours will NOT change and so will continue to open from 7 am-7 pm daily. The times below will be effective July 11th.
The staggered opening of golf courses will remain.
To access the course, a player must:
- Be an active member, or a paying visitor
- Not be in self-isolation and not required to cocoon
- Not be displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- Have a pre-reserved tee time, If you do not have a booking, you will not be able to play
- Bookings should be made online where possible. Use www.sbngolfclubmembers.co.uk to book. Your membership number can be found on the front of your member’s card. If you do not have booking access, please contact Karl on [email protected]
- 1 person may book 1 tee time per day
- Golfers should travel to the club alone, or with a member of the same household
- Members who reserve tee times and do not use them may be sanctioned for doing so
- Driving range will be open. Please follow signage displayed in the facility
- A limited number of buggies will be available daily. They must be pre-booked
- The normal system for “weekend roll up” will not be in operation. Tee times may be booked instead using the same 14 day timeline
- F&B options will be available. Please use the facilities but follow guidelines
- A starter will NOT be present at the front of the building
- Check – in will be in the golf shop
- Each group will need to collect a “check in” receipt from the golf shop to confirm their eligibility to play on the course
- Sports bar will be open from July 4th
- A Host will control flow in and out of facility from entrance
- Table service only in the facility
- Over spills will be used in the form of the Champions Lounge and the restaurant to ensure Sports Bar is never “full”
- No requirement to book tables
The golf course
- No more than 8 people on the putting green at one time
- Players may only start from the 1st tee of each course
- All course furniture will be removed from the courses
- Social distancing on tees, greens and throughout the rounds
- White, Green and Yellow Tees will be in play
- Players will pick & place in bunkers. Rake the sand in the bunker with a club or your shoe
- Flags must not be touched or moved but will be in place
- Ball collection instruments will be in play in flag holes. Please do not abuse the instruments
- Golf buggies restricted to one person only, unless shared with a member of the same household
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up
- Handle your own scorecard only
- Do not use ball cleaners
- You may play through the group in front providing you do so responsibly
- Toilets will be temporarily absent from the Constable Course. Gainsborough will remain open as normal
After your round
- Clubhouse facilities will be open
- No handshakes on 18th green (do not hand over money either??)
- Do not use airlines for cleaning shoes or equipment following the round
- Players should use hand sanitiser on the way round and at the end
- If you purchase a drink at the takeaway bar after your round, please do not continue to stay around for an excessive amount of time
It’s important to stress that similar to phase 1 and 2, we rely on 100% compliance from all golfers that book to play at SbN.
Please, for the good of your safety, other people’s safety and the future of the golf club, follow the guidelines put in place.
If you have any further queries please contact Karl via email – [email protected]