Golf Course Reopening Policy
Important guidelines for our reopening to allow for social distancing.
Supporting our community
We are pleased to announce that, following guidance from the UK Government, our golf courses will be open to members and non-members from Wednesday 13th May. Members can book using the normal channels, whilst non-members can book online on a pay to play basis.
The following document is designed to lay out all of the necessary restrictions that will remain at the golf club to ensure social distancing is achieved at all times. We all have a responsibility, so please do what you can to avoid giving this dangerous virus opportunity to breed and spread.
Our intention here is to allow golfers to enjoy our fantastic facility whilst maintaining their, and our, own staff safety. When you are at the golf facility, you must socially distance at all times. This means no closer than 2 metres from another person.
The golf corridor and locker rooms will remain closed. Access to the golf course can be attained by using the path through the buggy park to the left of the main building. If you require access to your clubs that may be in your locker, please contact Karl.
Self-policing will be invaluable. The golf club will operate with a minimum number of staff and therefore we are reliant on golfers to ensure they follow the protocols in this document. Failing to do so could see a further closure of the facilities. We do not want to be the golf club seen as breaking rules or failing to take the power of this virus seriously.
Initially, both golf courses will open as 18 hole courses. Tee times will commence at different times for different courses. An example is shown below. Courses 1 & 2 will rotate daily. For example. If Constable opens at 8am, Gainsborough will open at 10am on the same day and so on. A separate document will be available so you can track which course is open at what time on any given day.
To access the course, a player must:
- Be an active member, or a paying visitor
- Not have been out of the country for over 14 days
- Not be in self-isolation and not required to shield
- Not be displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- Have a pre-reserved tee time, If you do not have a booking, you will not be able to play
- Bookings should be made online where possible. Use www.sbngolfclubmembers.co.uk to book. Your membership number can be found on the front of your members card. If you do not have booking access, please contact Karl on email@example.com
- One person may book one tee time per day
- Golfers should travel to the club alone, or with a member of the same household
- Members who reserve tee times and do not use them may be sanctioned for doing so
- Driving range will be open. Please follow signage displayed in the facility
- A limited number of buggies will be available daily. They must be pre-booked and pre-paid
- Players to remain in (or next to) their cars until 15 minutes prior to their starting time
- When ready, check in with the starter (whilst socially distancing) who will be located at the entrance to the buggy compound. They will proceed to reiterate player requirements
- Play in groups of no more than two unless members of the same household
- The normal system for “weekend roll up” will not be in operation. Tee times may be booked instead using the same 14 day timeline
- When heading to the tee, do so promptly without stopping and gathering with others
- Not have been out of the country for over 14 days
- F&B outlets will remain closed. Pippin shop is open as normal for any snacks / drinks if required. Contactless payments may be made in Pippin for up to £45
The golf course
- No more than four people on the putting green at one time
- Meet on the first tee with modified greetings at a distance
- Players may only start from the 1st tee of each course
- All course furniture will be removed from the courses
- Social distancing on tees, greens and throughout the rounds
- In the short term, only yellow or green tees will be in play
- Players will pick & place in bunkers. Rake the sand in the bunker with a club or your shoe
- Flags must not be touched or moved but will be in place
- Ball collection instruments will be in play in flag holes. Please use them
- Golf buggies restricted to one person only, unless shared with a member of the same household
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up
- Handle your own scorecard only
- Do not use ball cleaners
- You may not play through any groups. Groups must finish the round in the same order they started
- Toilets will be temporarily absent from the Constable Course. Gainsborough will remain open as normal
After your round
- Players to leave the facility immediately after completing their round. No presentations at the conclusion of play
- Clubhouse facilities will remain closed
- No handshakes on 18th green (do not hand over money either??)
- Do not use airlines for cleaning shoes or equipment following the round
- Players should use hand sanitiser on the way round and at the end
- Finish and go home!
It’s important to stress that we rely on 100% compliance from all golfers that book to play at SbN.
Any failure to comply will see Golf at SbN questioned, and raise huge concerns in the ability for SbN to operate under these circumstances. This will give us no option other than to again close the golf facilities for play.
Please, for the good of your safety, other people’s safety and the future of the golf club, follow the guidelines put in place.
If you have any further queries please contact Karl via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The best deals only when you book direct
Reasons to Book Direct
The best deals and perks only when you book your hotel stay direct
- Full English breakfast included in all packages
- Our price match guarantee
- No hidden booking costs
- Priority upgrade to the next room category
- Free Parking
- Free high-speed WiFi
- Access to exclusive offers