Two Championship Golf Courses in Essex
We have two championship golf courses on offer here at SbN. The Gainsborough and the Constable, both created in the early ’70s and named after two local famous artists, Thomas Gainsborough and John Constable. Our courses are both well-established and include the challenges of lakes, streams and woodland. They have also played host to major national and international championships such as the PGA Europro Tour, European Senior Tour PGA Seniors Championships, European Challenge Tour (The English Challenge) and the Ladies European Tour Access Series!
The Gainsborough Course
The Gainsborough course measures over 7,000 yards with a Par of 71. The undulating terrain and four substantial lakes challenge the skills of golfers of all abilities. The 10th requires a drive and second shot over the same lake, when played from the back tee, and has been voted one of the most outstanding holes in East Anglia by the Professional Golf Association (PGA).
Please click here to view and download our Gainsborough course map.
Facts about the Gainsborough
- The amateur course record from the white tees is 63
- In competitions during 2017, the 10th hole has only recorded 4 birdies
- The 10th hole is the hardest on the course, with an average score score 5.77 for men and 6.64 for ladies
- The Gainsborough is 7,098 yards from the black tees and 6,321 yards from the white tees
The Constable Course
The Constable course is also set amongst wooded plantations with several natural water hazards in peaceful countryside. It measures 6,544 yards with a Par of 72, and, as with the Gainsborough, the final hole presents a formidable drive over one of the large lakes, to a plateau green with the Clubhouse beckoning beyond.
Please click here to view and download our Constable course map.
Facts about the Constable
- The amateur course record from the white tees is 70
- In competitions during 2017, the 18th hole has only recorded 3 birdies
- The 14th hole is the hardest for men with average score 5.27, and the 3rd hole is the hardest for ladies with an average score of 6.14
- The Constable course is 6,477 yards from the white tees
Take a look at our fantastic Golf Facilities, including buggy hire, golf simulator, Clubhouse, and driving range to see how you can make more of your day here at SbN. Discover More