Apprenticeships at Stoke by Nayland Resort
Stoke by Nayland Resort is pleased to offer Level 2 and 3 apprenticeships to chefs and catering professionals looking to advance their career in the hospitality industry.
With Executive Head Chef Jon Tindall heading up the programme, along with his talented and dedicated team, we are pleased to offer this unique opportunity to ambitious chefs who are looking to get the best start to their careers.
Not sure if hospitality is the right industry for you? Read on to find out more about Jon and what an apprenticeship at Stoke by Nayland Resort has to offer.
An industry veteran, Jon has enjoyed an incredibly successful career in catering, spanning over 40 years. With experience working at some of London’s top hotels and restaurants, including the Savoy and the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington, Jon is able to offer real insight, guidance and support to our trainee chefs.
So, we’ve asked him why he would recommend Stoke by Nayland’s apprenticeship programme to someone venturing down this career path.
What made you choose a career in hospitality?
I like meeting and working with an array of different people, from all over the world.
What’s been your proudest achievement?
Cooking for Royalty is always a buzz. I’ve cooked for our late queen at Hampton Court Palace, cooked for Prince Philip’s 70th Birthday luncheon at the Guild Hall, London, and for Princess Diana at a Charity event hosted at a 5* London Marriott hotel I was working in.
What key skills does a chef need?
A willingness to work hard and to learn something new every day.
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
Training and developing the next generation of exciting chefs.
What advice would you give someone thinking of pursuing a career as a chef?
Be patient and learn all you can. Computers and machinery may replace a lot of jobs in the future, but good chefs will always be in demand which will give you a lifetime career!
Why Stoke by Nayland?
There are few places where you can experience working in two very different styles of restaurant in addition to catering for a diverse range of functions and events. Also, being a family-owned and run business, it’s an incredibly supportive environment that strives to deliver the highest level of customer service. It’s the perfect environment for people to grow and thrive in.
How it works:
- You’ll be trained and mentored by our Executive Head Chef and work alongside an incredibly talented and knowledgeable hospitality team
- You will learn classical techniques to prepare and present fresh produce to the highest standard
- The programme runs for 12 months
- Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, we pledge to employ you full-time as part of the team
Who’s it for:
- School leavers
- People looking to change their career
- Ambitious people looking for the best foundation to start or advance their career as a chef
- Someone wanting to earn as they learn
How to apply:
- Apply online with CV and covering letter sent to [email protected]
- Initial interview with our Executive Head Chef
- Kitchen tour and assessment.