It’s Macaroon Time!
If you’re macaroon mad, try our recipe for creamed blue cheese and white chocolate macaroons!
This recipe will make 36 macaroons.
Ingredients - Macaroons
- Chopped white chocolate kept in the freezer
- 25g caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 125g ground almonds
- 225g icing sugar
Ingredients - Filling
- 30g double cream
- 30g crème fraiche
- 200g blue cheese
Method – Macaroons
- 1. Sift the icing sugar and almonds together onto a sheet of greaseproof baking paper.
- 2. Beat the egg whites till they have increased by half, now add the sugar and beat till stiffened.
- 3. Fold the almond mixture into the egg white gently and thoroughly till the mix is smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- 4. Pipe the macaroons about 2cm onto a greaseproof paper lined baking sheet, top with a little white chocolate.
- 5. Leave the macaroons for 12-15 minutes to dry slightly, bake at 180c for 10 minutes.
- 6. Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes, tip the tray up slightly and drizzle cold water under the paper – this will help to release the macaroons.
- 7. Place them on a cooling wire.
Method – Filling
- 1. Cream together ingredients until smooth. Place in a piping bag and use.
To serve simply pipe mix onto one macaroon and sandwich with another.
Macaroons are extremely versatile, you can colour the macaroon with a little food colouring and use almost any flavouring you wish!