Exercise at Home: Bodyweight Squats
Find it hard to get to the gym some days? Whether it’s having to stay late at the office one evening or making sure you get to parents evening on time, here at Peake Fitness we understand that it’s not always convenient or possible to fit the gym into your busy day.
We’ve decided to put together a range of videos showing you how to complete a number of different exercises, which you can do in the comfort of your own home. This way you can still keep to your fitness plan and achieve results, without having to physically be at the gym.
These videos will also help you to ensure you are doing an exercise correctly to avoid injury, whether you’re at home or in the gym.
Bodyweight Squat – Jumping Squat
The first video I want to share with you is the bodyweight squat progressing into the Jumping Squat. Doing these can help improve hip mobility, build muscle and increase strength.
- 1. Firstly, set your feet shoulder-width apart with your toes slightly turned out
- 2. Slowly bend at the knees and drop your hips to lower your body. Keep your heels flat on the floor
- 3. At the bottom of the exercise pause for a moment and strongly push back up to the starting position, mirroring the decent
- 4. Complete 3 sets of 15 with a 20 second rest
To progress into a jumping squat, follow these steps:
- 1. Repeat bodyweight squat positioning
- 2. At the bottom of the exercise pause for a moment and strongly push back into a jump, mirroring the decent
- 3. Complete 3 sets of 15 with a 20 second rest
Happy working out! Stay tuned for more videos coming soon.