Treating your loved one to a romantic home-cooked meal this Valentine’s Day? Why not try this delicious cherry mousse starter – it’s the perfect way to kick start a homemade meal and it’s really easy to make.
For this recipe, I’ve used Morello Cherries from our sister company, Boxford Suffolk Farms!
- 125g cherry puree
- 175g egg white
- 105g sugar
- 350ml double cream
- 5 half sheets of gelatine
- 1. Soak the gelatine in cold water.
- 2. Place the sugar in a pan, cover with 35ml of cold water, melt slowly over a light heat.
- 3. Whisk the cream and set aside.
- 4. Warm the puree, melt the squeezed gelatine in it, mix well and allow to cool.
- 5. Turn the heat up on the sugar and take to 121 o/c.
- 6. Whisk the eggs till peaking, now add the sugar gradually till all in, keep whisking till mix has cooled.
- 7. Fold the cream into the puree in three stages, then fold the meringue into the mix.
- 8. Pour into moulds of choice and put in freezer till set. Are ready when they pop cleanly out of the moulds, defrost in fridge.
Why not finish it off with some glazed cherries on top?