Coronavirus update 24th March
Following the update from the Government on Monday 23rd March we have implemented the following actions with immediate effect:
- The hotel is now temporarily closed until further notice.
- We have closed all food and beverage outlets throughout the hotel.
- Our Pippin store is open daily from 7am until 7pm selling fresh fruit, groceries, takeaway meals and household essentials. Please check our website www.stokebynayland.com/store and social media for more information
- We have closed Peake Fitness and Peake Spa for all hotel guests, visitors and members until further notice.
- Our lodges are only open for essential key workers and those who wish to self-isolate for a long period of time.
- Our two championship golf courses are now closed, with our pathways and walking routes open for daily exercising whilst observing a policy of social distancing, adhering to Government guidelines.
- We are maintaining our already extremely meticulous hygiene rules as well as social distancing guidelines.
As a business, we have had to have open conversations and make very tough decisions with all of our team across the resort, who have worked extremely hard in the lead up to this closure to keep us open for as long as possible. Although we are operating with a reduced workforce, and with some of them working from home, we kindly ask in this challenging time that you are patient with us. This situation has affected everyone. In order for our teams to work more efficiently, we have been transparent on the process we are following and we have been clear about the options available to you across the areas of business outlined below.
We are currently contacting or communicating with anyone who has bookings with us between now and 30th June 2020. The team will be working in date order to prioritise their contact with all bookers.
HOTEL BOOKINGS – INCLUDING SPA AND GOLF BREAKS
If your arrival is within the period before 30th June we are able to offer you the option to rebook at a later date for up to 12 months from the date of the original booking. Please contact us by email at email@example.com.
If you have a Spa Day or treatment booking with us for arrival before 30th June, our Spa Team will be in touch to reschedule this in due course for a later date within 12 months from the date of the original booking, prioritising bookings in date order. We thank for your patience in this matter.
TABLE RESERVATIONS IN THE LAKES OR GALLERY RESTAURANTS
If you have paid a deposit for a reservation in any of our restaurants arranged before 30th June, please contact us for your rebooking options. If no deposit has been paid your reservation will be cancelled automatically this week.
CONFERENCES, MEETINGS, EVENTS & WEDDINGS
For those who have any bookings before 30th June, a member of our sales team will be in touch with you in due course. We are working through the bookings in date order as quickly as possible and we would ask you to kindly wait for us to contact you during a time when we are experiencing a high volume of calls and a reduced number of team members working from home to deal with the bookings.
If your arrival is within the period before 30th June we are able to offer you the option to rebook at a later date for up to 12 months from the date of the original booking. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our lodges are available for key workers and those self-isolating for long periods of time only.
FOR ALL BOOKINGS AFTER 1st JULY 2020
We will continue to closely monitor the government guidelines and follow their advice. Should this information change we will update you via our website and social media channels. Once again we kindly ask for your patience in this matter if your event is booked from 1st July 2020 onwards as we are not yet in a position to offer any advice or guidance at this point. We are hopeful that normal service will resume by the summer.
We thank you for your continued support and our thoughts are with all of you and your families – and we hope you stay safe. The family, directors and team at Stoke by Nayland look forward to returning back to business as usual as soon as we possibly can.
Group Managing Director
Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf, Spa & Lodges